This master class will provide practical skills and sourcing knowledge that you can apply in all aspects of the tendering and process, reducing time costs and risk and increasing reputation confidence and integrity for you and your business.
You can complete the course in your own time, around work or family commitments. This course has been broken down in to 6 videos making the information user friendly and easy to digest, each video is approximately 25 - 45 minutes long. This course is CPD accredited
Once you have finished the course, why not contact us to discuss the next steps in
developing your career at email@example.com
Why this course is different
This Supply Chain Effectiveness course is for anyone wishing to learn to engage with professional procurement functions during all aspects of the supply chain process, increasing the chance of successful supply management. Also for procurement, purchasing, buyers, contract managers or supply chain professionals. You will learn how to develop the techniques in your business ensuring high levels of confidence, integrity and success from all parties.
The purpose of this course is to study the critical issues in managing supply chains such as Supply Chain Design, Product Design, Inventory and Warehouse Management, Operations Planning and Information Technology for Supply Chain Management and focus on the most modern techniques of the flow of materials into and through the organization to explain the direct impact of logistics operations on the operating performance of the organization.
This course will help to understand all the areas related to logistics functions including supply chain different techniques, inventory management, warehousing and transportation to understand how supply chain decisions impact the performance of the firm and its role in achieving the strategic objectives. The key will be to understand the link between supply chain structures and capabilities in a firm.
Why you should attend
With both the private and public sector continuing to outsource its services at an increasing rate and increasing dependency on third parties the expertise in supply chain management has never been more critical.
With recent media exposure of contract failure costing millions of pounds in compensation and damages to both a business and an individual’s reputation, the cost from making mistakes in the tendering process is exceptional.
Benefits for you
This course will provide practical skills and sourcing knowledge that you can apply in all aspects of the tendering and process, reducing time costs and risk and increasing reputation confidence and integrity for you and your business.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, heads of functions and directors of companies wanting to work successfully with suppliers.
Job titles may include; sales directors, procurement directors, sourcing specialists, category managers, contract and vendors managers and supply chain professionals.
Key areas covered
• Introduction to Supply Chain Management
• Overview of Supply Chain Management?
• Supply chain Vs. Value Chain
• Uncertainty and Risk Factors
• Evolution of Supply Chain Management
• Key Issues in Supply Chain Management
• Understanding how efficient management and control of a supply chain can gain competitive advantage
• Impact of physical and information flows on integration and harmonisation
• Achieving supply chain planning from strategic and operational perspective
• Impact of modern technology on supply chain
• CRM role in Supply Chain Management
• Production and Operations Planning
• Understand the key drivers, dimensions and performance measures of effective supply chain management
• Review actual supply chain management practices
• Highlight tips to follow and traps to avoid in purchasing services, materials or equipment
• Develop an understanding of how commercial contracts are created
• Gain functional knowledge of production and inventory management
• Able to manage global supply chain activities in effective way
• Recognize the principles of warehouse or stores location and layout whilst applying proper stock flow, rotation and recording
• Identify the modern warehouse activities; warehouse strategies; and changes in the operational scope and capabilities of warehouses; fundamental warehouse decisions; warehouse and materials handling operations; and the functionality and requirements of product packaging
• Analyze the function of transportation management
• Explore the new role of logistics in a globalizing world
• Appreciate the role of supply chain management for the overall success of business and apply supply chain concepts in a simulated learning environment